This simple tutorial tells you how to change your mobile time zone from Eastern Standard Time to Indian Standard Time [EST to IST] without installing any external Android apps. I got stuck with this problem when I factory reset my Android mobile and the time zone was set to EST. Trying out different options provided in the Clock app didn’t help me in resolving this. Finally I found that solution on the ‘Settings’ page.
Here are the steps:
1. Tap on Menu button and open the Settings page
2. Scroll down ‘Date & Time’ option, it will be displayed below ‘System’ section
3. Uncheck the ‘Automatic time zone’ option if its selected
4. Now to tap on ‘Select time zone’
5. You will be provided with a list of time zones, choose ‘Kolkata GMT+5.30’ option.
Once ‘Kolkata’ is selected, you can notice that ‘GMT+5.30, India Standard Time’ will be displayed under Select time zone section. After seeting to IST, check the ‘Automatic time zone’ box again.
That’s all, you mobile is now set to IST time zone. Listed above is the simplest way to change your mobile time zone from EST to IST. In a similar way you can change your Android mobile time zone to any w